Computers are available for FCFI Members and faculty use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Lab is only to be used for FCFI Camps, preparing files for machine use (laser, 3D printers, CNC machine, etc…) or academic research prior to 2:00pm, or when the lab is full.
Playing GAMES is permitted only after 2:00pm, if seating is available and the lab is not full.
Absolutely NO food is permitted in the lab.
Drinks are permitted only in metal or plastic spill proof containers OR twist-on cap bottles only. (CAPS MUST BE KEPT ON)
Children are not permitted in the lab unless accompanied by a parent/guardian, Camp Counselor, or Makerspace Technician .
Please respect your fellow FCFI Members and keep your noise to an absolute minimum.
Cell phones must be on "Silent Mode". No outgoing calls are permitted. Conversations must be taken out of the lab.
Computer abuse/misuse WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Individuals found abusing computing facilities may be subject to immediate suspension of computing privileges. Examples of misuse/abuse are, but not limited to:
- Illegal copying of copyrighting software, music or videos
- Unauthorized installation or removal of software or files
- Tampering with system configuration
- The unauthorized connection or disconnection of any computer or device to any network outlet, cable or device other than those that are specifically designated as a student or public network access points
- Bypassing or attempting to circumvent security
- Computer fraud, bullying, or harassment
- Use of computer or network resources for commercial purposes
- Activities that unnecessarily use network bandwidth or storage
- Establishing servers, file sharing services or peer-to-peer file sharing applications
- Installation or use of unauthorized network or telecommunications devices, including but not limited to computers, wireless access devices, switches, routers, transceivers, media converters, modems, or telephones
- Installation or use of unauthorized network diagnostic, monitoring or eavesdropping equipment, software or tools including but not limited to, packet capturing software or devices, cable analyzers, traffic generators or network management tools or software
Violation of the above rules and etiquette guidelines will result in disciplinary action or termination of privileges.
To use the Computer Lab you must first complete the Computer Lab Rules Quiz and the Code of Conduct and Safety quiz.
Take the Computer Lab Rules Quiz
You must also take a hands on class, meet with a Makerspace Technician for scheduling.
You need a score of 100% to pass and can take the quiz multiple times.